Job Title: Director or Sr. Director, Social Media
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Munchkin is one of the most innovative and fast-growing consumer product companies in the world! With over 320+ patents under our belt, we continue to create solutions that leave our customers asking, “how did I ever live without this?” Recognized as #8 on America’s Most Innovative Companies list by Fortune Magazine, innovation is the core of our company DNA and has been driving our designs for 30 years!
After 30 years as the most loved baby lifestyle brand, Munchkin is growing up and launching a new home products line, Curio. With modern and cutting-edge design, Curio will turn products that consumers need into products that they love. Curio will appeal to trend seekers who thrive discovering new intuitive designs and appreciate form and function. Curio is a startup but will leverage Munchkin’s innovation, supply chain and brand design capabilities with an initial direct to consumer (DTC) launch.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an experienced and passionate content creator with proven innovative brand based social media skills to lead Munchkin and Curio Social Media teams. This is a unique opportunity to launch and build a new premium home goods brand from the ground up with the support of a leading consumer products company.
Reporting to the Chief Brand Officer, the Director of Social Media will be responsible for developing and overseeing innovative social media strategy and campaigns across all social channels to increase brand awareness and drive growth.
- Lead the overall management and growth of Curio and all Munchkin social media platforms globally
- Help develop social media and content strategies that align with each individual company initiatives
- Expand social media reach, maintain favorable consumer sentiment (views, engagement, impressions, sales)
- Work closely with agency, Brand, and Marketing teams to support campaigns
- Develop, implement, and manage innovative ideas/promotions to drive greater relevance, engagement, and grow external social media communities
- Oversee content development, distribution, and community management across all major social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest
- Oversee and lead editorial calendar that incorporates overall social media strategy
- Stay current with social media trends and incorporate, as appropriate, to improve the customer experience, drive sales, and leverage ongoing customer involvement
- Set goals, track, analyze and report performance, identifying and implementing recommendations for improvement and growth
- Manage and lead Social Media in-house team
- Working under the direction of the CBO, manage external agencies to assist in Social Media activities. Support decisions with ROI based analysis and KPI tracking.
- Work in collaboration with other team members and agency partners to ensure initiatives have 360-degree support and alignment across all channels
- Other duties as assigned
- 10-12 years of experience in successfully managing/launching social media programs for new and legacy brands. In-house Consumer Product Industry experience required.
- Experience building and leading an award-winning team with demonstrated EQ and people management skills
- Proven background in strategic planning within social and digital space and developing successful campaigns that have gained and maintained organic (versus paid for Followers) growth with proven sales results
- Strong and proven business acumen
- Expertise in social data analysis and measuring KPIs impactful to the business
- Strong experience reporting ROI to senior leadership
- Analytical skill and the ability to use digital tools to find actionable insights through data
- A collaborative nature with finesse in developing relationships cross-functionally
- Global experience is required
We Got You Covered!
As a Great Place to Work Certified™ company, we are committed to offering the best to our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental, prescription drug coverage, life insurance, wellness benefits, generous employer-matched 401(k) plan, Paid Childcare Leave, among other benefit plans. Our total rewards are top of market and includes competitive salary, bonus and opportunities to earn equity. We focus on supporting employee development and growth.
We regularly hold social functions to foster a genuine camaraderie that enhances teamwork. At our company-wide award functions, we take time to recognize the talent and dedication of the people who make Munchkin the most loved baby lifestyle brand in the world.
To give our people flexibility, we offer hybrid work environment. Munchkin’s Hybrid Schedule is where an employee works in the office on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays, and Tuesday and Friday’s remotely from home.
We also provide annual weeklong global office closures giving our people a chance to recharge.
Salary range: $150,000 - $200,000 annually
To learn more, visit us at www.munchkin.com.
Munchkin welcomes and values what makes everyone unique. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status.
Applicant Privacy Statement