Job Title: Director of Social Media
Location: San Francisco, CA
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About The Role
The Director of Social Media will lead a team of creative, strategic and community-focused marketers, who are regularly interpreting brand needs, and finding creative ways to activate on social. This team keeps a very close eye on pop culture, trends and innovation. The ideal candidate must have strong leadership, communication and influencing skills, with the ability to be flexible and nimble, regularly pivoting in new directions based on the brand’s evolving needs and the current cultural context.
What You’ll Do
- STRATEGY: Build and evolve our Social Media strategy across all existing social channels, while keeping an eye on new, emerging platforms and social media
- Develop strategies to acquire a new customer demographic while keeping our current audience engaged; grow follower count and increase engagement rate.
- Lead strategic planning of paid and organic social for consideration and awareness audiences across all brand and product campaigns, considering platform, story type and customer journey
- Build relationships with our franchise business partners and align on social media plans for a more impactful global launches.
- Own relationship with social agency partners, implementing and evolving our social playbook
- Ensure the seasonal milestones and process account for social needs
- CONTENT: Partner with creative team to ensure content is on brand (look & feel and tone of voice), platform-appropriate and brand-building.
- Influence seasonal brief to ensure social media first content (paid awareness, consideration and organic.) is concepted at the beginning of the season.
- Oversee seasonal content plan/ calendar created by Social Media Management team.
- Partner with omni content marketers on ensuring creative briefing approach is considered and thoughtful
- INFLUENCERS / TALENT/ CREATORS: Drive influencer strategy and oversee influencer agency relationships.
- Vet potential influencer partners and identify rising talent to work with/gift to.
- Partner closely with Affiliates team. Be aware and influence their seasonal plans
- Manage and partner with macro/ micro influencer on paid influencer programs to:
- Drive brand awareness, brand love, inform about product launches and collabs.
- Drive engagement and new fans to the brand
- Help elevate consumer brand perception by partnering with creators to create content for paid campaigns and brand organic usage.
- Provide Tier 1 talent and brand partners (collabs) with key messages, visual guidelines and frame for their social media content creation to ensure brand voice and DNA is captured
- CFT: Regularly communicate strategy, seasonal plans and manage incoming requests from cross-functional partners
- REPORTING: Establish, track, and report on KPIs across paid & organic tactics per social platform and per campaign. Provide actionable insights and next steps
- Perform tests, competitive analysis and social listening to identify trends and consumer need gaps
- PROCESS: Define and implement an internal and external process with the intention to work efficiently and achieve the best output.
Who You Are
- 7-10 years’ experience in a social media or relevant roles, ideally in a fashion/e-commerce retail environments
- Brand experience is preferred and agency experience is a plus
- Passion, In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience with all social media platforms with a focus on Instagram and TikTok
- Demonstrated success building communities in the social space
- Strong visual eye and copy skills to partner with creative and editorial to bring Gap and Gap Kids brand to life in ways that create community, provide value and/or entertainment
- Pre-existing relationships with social media platforms, potential partners/influencers, agencies, designers and photographers a plus
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools
- Must be able to adapt with changing priorities, possess outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other organization and collaboration platforms
- Solutions first mindset with willingness to explore and roll-up sleeves to ensure team success
- Strong presentation, communication, writing and collaboration skills
- Team driven attitude and passion for learning
- Strategic thinker with excellent time and project management skills
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $156,400 - $207,200 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.