Job Title: Director of Championships Social Media
Location: Indianapolis · IN
Job Function: The NCAA is seeking a visionary Director of Championships Social Media who will spearhead a content strategy that’s as dynamic and diverse as the sports we champion. In this role, you’ll be at the helm of a creative team responsible for creating and distributing captivating content across an expansive canvas that includes dozens of sport social media accounts and digital platforms. You will also be primarily responsible for collaborating with our digital partner on the NCAA’s fan-facing website, NCAA.com. Join us in shaping the narrative of NCAA Championships, scaling the NCAA’s content portfolio, and elevating fan engagement throughout the year.
** Job Responsibilities **
- Social Media and Digital Content Strategy: Create and execute a robust and engaging content strategy for the NCAA’s diverse Championships social media channels and digital platforms.
- Social Media Management and Execution: Take the reins of NCAA sport social media accounts, crafting year-round content and post-season coverage that engages and inspires college sports enthusiasts and amplifies the excitement of NCAA Championships.
- Multi-Channel Content Creation: Oversee the development of stories that resonate across a spectrum of content formats—articles, videos, graphics, interactive features—and ensure that the NCAA’s voice is engaging, consistent, and resonant with our audience.
- Championship Mobile Apps: Liaise with NCAA development partners and the NCAA Digital staff to ensure NCAA championship mobile apps are the ultimate companions for fans, with compelling content, real-time scores and bracket updates, immersive features, scheduling information, and more.
- Web Content. Work hand-in-hand with the NCAA Digital staff and Warner Brothers Discovery team to plan and coordinate content for NCAA.com, with regular communication, content planning, and collaboration to maximize the online presence and user experience on the NCAA’s official website.
- Content Marketing: Spearhead content marketing opportunities, in partnership with the NCAA Marketing team, to elevate awareness for the NCAA and its post-season events, attract and nurture the Association’s relationship with fans, drive ticket sales, and spur viewership.
- Analytics and Optimization: In partnership with NCAA Business Performance, mine and understand the data relating to NCAA content and its effectiveness in engaging the audience, fostering the NCAA Championships brand, driving ticket sales and attendance, and informing future content strategies.
- Team Leadership: Inspire and lead a team of content managers and creators with an infectious enthusiasm for showcasing the power of college sports, encouraging innovation, interactivity, and meaningful fan connections.
- Cross-Department Collaboration: Join other NCAA departments, from Fan Engagement to Marketing to Communications, ensuring NCAA content is unified, on brand, and in furtherance of harmonized objectives.
- Budget Management: Efficiently manage the NCAA Social Media departmental budget to fuel the creation and delivery of top tier collegiate sports content.
**Job Requirements **
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree preferred. Degree in marketing, communications, multimedia arts, journalism, business administration, or a related field.
- 7-10 years of proven experience in content creation, content strategy, and team leadership.
- 7-10 years of proven experience in sports, entertainment, or related industries (college sports experience preferred).
- Deep knowledge of social media platforms, content management systems, and marketing automation tools.
- Exceptional organization, project management skills, and leadership experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong passion for NCAA sports and an innate understanding of the collegiate sports community is an advantage.
- Estimated Travel Required <20%
- This position will be based out of the national office in Indianapolis, Indiana. Current work environment is hybrid; 3 days in the office and 2 days are remote.
**Key Competencies (Core Values) **
- LEADERSHIP| We actively listen and continually strive to provide vital solutions, counsel and advocacy for student-athletes and intercollegiate athletics.
- INCLUSION| We seek and incorporate different perspectives and experiences to drive innovation and impact.
- COMMUNICATION| We commit to an environment of openness to build trust and make timely decisions.
- COLLABORATION| We work together, based on mutual respect, to lead and serve our stakeholders.
- ACCOUNTABILITY| We take ownership for our actions and results to add value every day.
7 - 10 years: Deep knowledge of social media platforms, content management systems, and marketing automation tools.
7 - 10 years: Proven experience in sports, entertainment, or related industries (college sports experience preferred).
Proven experience in content creation, content strategy, and team leadership.
Bachelors or better