Job Title: Director, Digital & Social Media
Company: UFC - Endeavor
Location: Las Vegas, NV (Hybrid)
Who We Are
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 688 million fans and 211 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly 900 million TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 75 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC is owned by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, and is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at UFC, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram and TikTok: @UFC.
Endeavor is a global sports and entertainment company, home to the world’s most dynamic and engaging storytellers, brands, live events and experiences. The company is comprised of industry leaders including entertainment agency WME; sports, fashion, events and media company IMG; and premier mixed martial arts organization UFC. The Endeavor network specializes in talent representation, sports operations & advisory, event & experiences management, media production & distribution, experiential marketing and brand licensing.
- This position is responsible for leading UFC’s US based Social Media team, with a connection to team members managing regional accounts in London, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Sydney and Toronto. The position will manage UFC’s social activities across all global accounts, with a focus on US relationships and initiatives.
- Oversees UFC’s Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and other social media platforms and contributes to UFC’s global account management.
- Drives communication between UFC Headquarters in Las Vegas and offices in. Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Russian and the UK.
- Alongside other Social Media team leaders manages the creation and presentation of a departmental 3-year strategic plan.
- Periodically reports social media metrics, event performance, progress on athlete development initiatives, and other notable social media related items to the Executive team.
- Manages relationships with vendors in remit territories – includes contracts, communications, reporting, etc.
- Maintains up-to-date reports from international social media analytical tools and makes recommendations UFC department heads on strategies for maximizing business development opportunities.
- Other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Previous management experience
- 7+ years experience working within social media
- Experience within sports, entertainment or live events is a plus
- Advanced level user familiarity with various social media platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of international practices and trends in social media
- Previous experience managing vendor relationships
- Familiarity with reporting and analytical tools and benchmarking social media performance against key performance indicators
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a multi-task, fast-paced environment
- Ability to research and test new platforms as well as consistently staying on top of new technology and updates to existing social media platforms
- Ability to work long days, to be on-call when not working, extensive travel, and weekend availability is mandatory
- Ability to adopt a social voice and personality that caters to the UFC audience and identify the right tone and style across various platforms, including international accounts
- Knowledge of mixed martial arts and the UFC is a plus
- Ability to maintain confidential information
Endeavor unites and brings people together in our love of sport, culture, and entertainment. We understand this can only be accomplished when we lead with a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do. As a global company that drives culture, we strive to reflect the world’s diverse voices.
Endeavor is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.