Job Title: Director, Corporate Social Media
Location: Chicago, IL
The Director of Corporate Social Media role owns, develops, and executes Morningstar’s global social media strategy on behalf of the company and in support of the broader brand and communications plans, objectives, and campaigns. This is a high-impact role with an opportunity to reset and reinvent the overall strategy for a highly influential, mission-driven financial services firm. This includes overseeing the unique approach for each target audience and platform (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), evolving the content and operating processes and governance, and managing the technology to support enablement and compliance.
This position is based in our Chicago office. In line with our flexible working policy, this hybrid position offers the option to work remotely up to two days per week.
- You lead with a right brain that has a big vision for creating creative, on-brand content and experiences, but you’re also glad to tap into your analytical left brain to create and adopt scalable processes and governance that enable the broader organization (whether product marketers, talent recruiters, or sales leaders) to contribute high-quality content that makes a measurable difference in metrics.
- You have the gravitas and business acumen to act as a strategic advisor to teams across the company, and you are eager to work cross-functionally and tactically to produce best-in-class results.
- You are motivated by digital innovation, fluent in social media best practices, and up on the latest B2B social marketing trends and technologies.
- You see social media as a powerful opportunity to advance our mission to empower investor success and help more people make smart decisions about their money. You have a personal interest in investing and financial markets.
- Creating a social media strategy designed to amplify Morningstar’s independent research and thought leadership, while also expanding the perception of Morningstar to include our broader set of capabilities in line with broader marketing plans. Areas of social media ownership include Corporate/Organic/Owned, Employee Enablement/Employee Advocacy, and Executive Social Media Presence.
- Executing the enterprise social media strategy, including developing and sourcing content across the enterprise, enabling content creators and contributors, community engagement and live experiences, and reporting.
- Owning the social content strategy and governance, including creating and sourcing relevant, high-quality content, creating a regular editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific campaigns, and working with business partners to post and promote relevant content.
- Monitoring the social media and competitive landscape and driving our social media strategy to achieve audience/follower growth, engagement with our brand, and traffic to our digital properties. Elevate actionable insights and ideas based on cultural, media, and business trends.
- Partnering with a large, cross-functional team (e.g., product marketing, sales, internal communications, recruiting, legal, compliance, etc.) to implement initiatives and ensure that all efforts are coherent, compliant, and aligned with overall goals. Develop a global community of digitally and socially minded colleagues who champion our content ambitions, share learnings, and adopt best practices.
- Define social engagement and conversation strategy – including targeting brand advocates (news outlets, thought leaders, etc.).
- Expanding and evolving employee social media programs to expand brand reach, provide additional business development opportunities and elevate thought leaders.
- Partner with training, legal, and compliance teams on annual updates of social media training and compliance guidelines.
- You have experience succeeding in regulated, matrixed, and globally distributed operating environments, managing numerous stakeholders and approval processes, and adapting quickly to deliver the right content to the right audience at the right time.
- You have 7+ years of experience in social media marketing and content creation, digital marketing strategy experience within marketing, brand, corporate communications, or agency environments.
- You have proven experience with LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter content creation and channel management. You have experience using social media management tools and analytics platforms (e.g. Sprinklr).
- B2B financial services or other regulated industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; master’s degree optional.
100_MstarResCanad Morningstar Research, Inc. (Canada) Legal Entity
Morningstar’s hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. We’ve found that we’re at our best when we’re purposely together on a regular basis, at least three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you’ll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.