Job Title: Digital Experience Manager, Social Media
Location: South San Francisco, CA
The Digital Experience Manager, Social Media reports to the Team Lead, Social Media and is accountable for delivering high-quality, timely, and efficient digital customer experiences through social media. This individual has the ability to articulate the power of the channel and also execute social media programs on behalf of Genentech’s commercial products & teams. The social media team partners across Commercial, Medical and Government Affairs (CMG) to orchestrate and deliver integrated digital customer experiences that drive measurable business and patient outcomes.
Note: This role is based in South San Francisco, California and is a contractor role within the Digital Experience Team at Genentech.
Genentech believes that well-rounded social media professionals must have experience across multiple aspects of social media marketing, community, and platform management. A successful candidate will have broad experience across all of the following competency areas and deep expertise in at least three of them:
- Paid Social
- Content creation (as the creator or managing the process)
- Organic social media
- Social Listening and analytics
- Community management
- Influencer engagement and activation
- Platform management (such as Sprinklr, Khoros, Sprout Social, etc)
- Drives customer and patient-centric social media programs, with a bias for quality and efficiency
- Partners with product marketing teams to translate marketing strategy into integrated, omni-channel digital strategies and tactics
- Manages agency partners to ensure high-quality strategy, content, and execution; Leads development of social-first creative
- Works within a social media media management system to develop and adhere to best practices for delivery of social media and ensures partners do as well
- Educate the organization about the best use of influencers and activate them for the benefit of patients and customers
- Leverages internal analytics and external data to support insights and business-focused recommendations
- Understands the interplay between paid media, social media, email, and website touchpoints and can speak to the role each plays across the customer and patient journey.
- Creates project plans and ensures key milestones, dependencies and timelines are proactively communicated across stakeholders and partners
- Seeks opportunities to optimize, test pilots, or advance new capabilities and share learnings across XO and the broader enterprise
- An analytical mindset that translates to the creative-side of social media content development
- Deep familiarity with paid social media, including how to buy and optimize campaigns and content
- Highly experienced working within a SMMS, Sprinklr is highly desirable
- Fluency in all social media analytics, across all major social media platforms
- Ability to apply data and analysis to drive decision making
- Strong planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet goals within the constraints of time and budget
- Adept at vendor/agency management to maintain healthy partnerships and deliver operational excellence
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years with a focus on social media
- 7+ years experience working in digital/software marketing, digital production, marketing technology, or marketing operations related functions
- Pharma experience or experience in a highly regulated industry is a plus
- This is a contractor role and the individual in this role will be employed by a third party, not by Genentech.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace the increasingly diverse world around us. Genentech prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status and veteran status.
Genentech requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Genentech, and it applies regardless of whether the position is located at a Genentech campus or is fully remote. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.