Job Title: Digital Communications & Social Media Strategist
Company: Becker & Poliakoff, P.A.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Becker is a diverse, multi-practice, commercial law firm with international affiliates and offices in Florida, New York, New Jersey and Washington, DC. Becker prides itself on client-focused services and a commitment to always exceeding our client’s expectations. Since 1973, we have been focusing on building a culture that is collaborative, creative, and passionate about growth.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes some Employer-Paid benefits, Mental Health coverage, and even a 401k match! To fulfill our commitment to our employee’s health and safety, Becker has committees – such as the Wellness Committee and the Mental Health and Well-Being Committee – that ensures our employee’s individual health is always a priority.
We provide every incoming employee with individualized training to ensure that they are experts on Becker’s use of above-industry-standard software and in their role.
- The Successful Candidate Will Have Experience In The Following Areas
The Digital Communications & Social Media Strategist oversees the firm’s social media accounts, including editing lawyer-authored content, managing reviews and approvals, proofreading, formatting, and maintaining adherence to firm style and branding guidelines. In addition, will be responsible for content creation for the website and other internal and external communications. Responsibilities also include overseeing and implementing strategy, policies, and guidelines; serving as a social media coach for lawyers and staff across the firm; emphasizing how they can leverage social media as a business development tool. In addition, other writing and web-based projects will be assigned to the Digital Communications & Social Media Strategist on an as needed basis. Candidates must possess excellent writing and communication skills as a baseline requirement.
- Develop Social Media marketing strategies to increase firm’s social presence
- Maintain the firm’s social media accounts (see below) using a social media management system
- Write and edit content for social posts /emails/ ads/ pitches for use on the firm’s social media channels, website(s) and other materials
- Proactively seek content ideas from attorneys, other internal sources, and external sources such as LinkedIn and various publications
- Proofread and publish content to WordPress websites
- Monitor social media channels for positive/negative feedback and react accordingly
- Train attorneys on best practices for all social media channels
- Write, deploy, manage social media advertising campaigns including video campaigns
- Write, deploy, manage email campaigns utilizing technology inherent to a legal environment
- Cultivate and analyze social media analytics
- Lead special digital projects including Clearview Social and promotion for the firm’s other affiliated businesses and products
- Create graphics for social posts
- Ability to think critically, problem solve, and connect the dots
- Attention to detail and an eye for consistency
- Ability to produce high-level content that meets professional standards
- Ability to multi-task and manage high-volume workflow
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, newsroom-like environment
- Ability to project manage and meet deadlines
- Idea generator
- Hands-on knowledge of current and emerging technologies and trends
- Develop an understanding of firm style, brand, culture, practice groups
- Adobe Photoshop, HTML and CMS knowledge
Education And Experience
- Bachelors’ degree required
- Minimum 10 years of marketing work experience; 5 years of writing/social media
- Replies are given within 24 hours, so apply today for immediate consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Becker is committed to diversity in the workplace. Workplace diversity refers to the protection, respect and inclusion of all of the attributes that each employee contributes to the workplace. We strive for a workplace that welcomes and respects all employees regardless of any protected class status, including, but not limited to, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, age, ancestry, and disability. We also acknowledge the other ways in which people are different, such as educational level, life experience, work experience, socio-economic background, and personality and recognize the value of these individual differences.
We are wholly committed to creating hiring practices and a work environment that values and utilizes the contributions of people with different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
As such, it is the policy of Becker to recruit, employ, train, develop, and promote employees on the basis of individual qualifications, competence, and merit. We believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law. It is our goal to fully comply with the letter of the law, as well as its spirit and intent.