Cost Per Lead sky rocketing right now for ads in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia?

Is anyone here is currently running Lead Gen ads on Meta for Riyadh. I’m running two identical lead gen ads - Eastern Province and Riyadh - and the EP one is performing as expected, while Riyadh is sluggish as heck!
Was wondering if someone else is facing the same challenge.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I don’t do a lot with Ads at the moment and I’m in Australia so anything is mostly local but we have some great Ads folk in here who may be able to assist. @amanda , @tony1 are just a couple that came to mind.

2 Likes

@kartikeya Thanks for posting. Hope you don’t mind I changed the title of your post to add more detail on your location as I wasn’t sure where Riyadh was. I do now!

I’m tagging our Senior Manager of Paid Acquisition @antonio1. Not sure he is going to have any insight but maybe he will.

2 Likes

@kartikeya it is quite hard to know what could be causing costs in a specific region at a specific time unless you live or work constantly with such region. Costs depend on a range of factors, some of them under our control (targeting, quality of the ad, optimization, placement, etc.) and others beyond our control (seasonality, competition, changes in the algorithm, etc.) so even if you had the knowledge that your campaign settings are perfect, there are so many things that could still affect it.

So if it’s not something seasonal (repeating this time of the year every year) and you can confirm it’s affecting many other similar companies, then quite probably it’s due to an increase in competition and/or a big change in the algorithm (remember: a competitor is not necessarily a market competitor, but anyone targeting the same target audience as you are)

Unfortunately there’s not much insights I can offer on this, as I’m not running ads in that region and thus are not familiar with this trend.

3 Likes

oh Tonio lo siento- i didn’t know you were in the group! What a fabulous asset you are!

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Yes, I know that the ad settings are just right, having honed them over 3 years of running ads for this particular client!

I suspect that it is seasonal, with Saudi National Day just around the corner, but speculating in front of the client without anything backing it up isn’t right form, which is why I was hoping that someone else running ads in Riyadh could back me up.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the support!

1 Like

Thanks for helping me out by tagging some really good assets!

1 Like