Job Title: Communications Manager, Social Strategist
Location: San Diego, CA
Intuit’s Small Business and Self-Employed Group (SBSEG) is devoted to creating solutions to power prosperity around the world. Our mission is to meet the needs and improve the chances of success for small businesses with a portfolio of solutions ranging from mileage tracking to invoicing, payroll to accounting, payments and lending.
The Strategic Communications team is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to drive social media strategy and activations as part of our QuickBooks US Organic Brand Social team. You’ll work alongside cross-functional teams and world-class agency partners to build brand awareness and reputation, and to support customer and revenue growth. We are looking for a strategic thinker who is fluent in the constantly evolving social media landscape, gets energized by big creative ideas, and is passionate about the opportunity to champion and connect with the small business community.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience in a similar social media role, preferably for a tech brand
- Social media core capabilities including in-depth platform knowledge, editorial calendar management, publishing, community engagement, and performance metrics tracking
- Experience leading strategic end-to-end social media campaigns, working on integrated marketing programs, and effectively prioritizing work across multiple projects.
- Strong understanding of both organic and paid social strategy
- Ability to self-start, manage projects, build relationships, and influence in a highly matrixed, large organization.
- Experience working with agencies to produce best-in-class creative
- Analytical skills to make data-backed recommendations from a variety of sources
- Strong business acumen and communications skills
- Ability to move at the speed of social while still sweating the details
- Comfortable working within brand guidelines
- Experience working with creators to build content for brand channels preferred
- Familiarity with social listening, publishing, and design tools (e.g. Brandwatch, Sprout Social, Figma, Photoshop) a plus
How You Will Lead
- Lead social strategy and execution for core parts of our product portfolio, taking a platform-first approach to drive communication and business objectives
- Oversee content through all stages of development: planning, briefing, reviewing, publishing, and analyzing performance
- Manage day-to-day workstreams with agency partners, including creative development and media deployment
- Partner with go-to-market and acquisition channel teams to plan and execute social campaigns that align to business priorities
- Drive tentpole activations in partnership with cross-functional teams including content marketing, influencer, PR, brand, and global teams to build relevance with our priority audiences
- Partner across the team to manage the editorial calendar and engage with the small business community through active platform listening and community management
- Keep a pulse on trending topics, zeitgeist moments, and right-for-brand opportunities in social
- Continually stay on top of industry developments and insights across the social landscape and share back with the broader team
- Partner with social teams across Intuit globally to continually improve our collective efforts