[Check-in: September] What are your wins? What are you working on? Accountability Progress Post

Hi @SpaceFriends @Community_Crew and the rest of the SMP Community!

Happy September! Does anyone else feel like we’ve got a fresh start for the rest of the year? What are you going to accomplish this month?

Here’s your September Accountability challenge…

• Feel free to share your goals and plans for the day/week then check back in.
  • Share your wins!
  • Celebrate a new client.
  • Ask for suggestions for challenges.
  • Shout from the rooftop that you’ve finished your client reporting.
  • Heck, add photos of your summer adventures!
  • Start a TikTok account finally? Let us know!

You can post daily…post every week…post only on Mondays or Fridays. Whatever you need and works for you!

Can’t wait to hear all the cool stuff happening!

Don’t forget that research shows that when someone publicly shares their goals, they have around a 65% chance of success. However, having a specific accountability partner boosts that chance to 95%…so I’m betting an accountability community…we’ll each be at a 99.5% chance of success!

3 Likes

It’s been a crazy week for me! First of the month stuff is always filled with trying to get ahead for the rest of the month!

Yesterday we had the unplanned passing of the Queen and we scrambled to gather important crisis communication resources to help the community.

The Social Media Pulse Team is headed to Paris France this month for a Marketing Team Retreat…so there are lots of travel details I’m dealing with. Excited as I haven’t traveled internationally in many years!

Working hard on Mastermind plans for Social Media Pulse…September is filled with dreaming and planning. Have any ideas of what you’d like to see? Let me know!

7 Likes

Onboarding two new clients this month.
Potentially closing two more later this month to onboard in October.

7 Likes

After very difficult two years and business being not very good, I’ve got an influx of enquiries with several late stage negotiations this week. (Just goes to show that it’s important to stay visible on social media and keep going no matter how difficult things get).

Pricing is an area that always scares me - I’m a words and pictures kind of girl and maths is definitely not my strong point. Anyone else like this? So, trying to find some extra confidence to make sure I quote quickly and accurately (I have a tendency to dither and overly second guess myself).

And, of course, our country is in mourning.
Trying to find the right balance for creating client content is really tricky at the moment. My own socials are suspended, as are some of my clients’. Social content will come back online gently and appropriately and then be suspended again for Her Majesty, The Queen’s funeral. There’s a lot to be careful of but it’s a good reminder to remain human and responsive on social media.

7 Likes

Congrats!!! How are you getting/attracting new clients?

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

3 Likes

Love this! I’ll do my best to share and check in regularly.

At the end of August, my team and I were discussing how we were on the cusp of catching up on several projects and launching 3 new websites but were concerned about what was next. We didn’t have much in the pipeline.

We keep a short list of lukewarm leads, but our agency does zero advertising. We’re 98% word of mouth and 2% our lame social presence (IYKYK). So we were going into September with nothing up our sleeves and 2 newly-hired positions for which we’d need to make payroll.

While we do have some monthly retainer clients that cover operating costs, we still rely on bringing in ~7k/month in non-retainer projects to keep us comfortable. The first week of September, we received a voicemail from the director of a local education and training center at which I’ve been a speaker. She needs a new website. One week later, I’m on a video call with her, her board president, and a partner organization. Within the hour, they were sold on a website, new brand identity, and online listing management. The partner organization spoke up and asked we send them a website and online listing proposal as well.

Talk about feast or famine! We’re looking at about $25k in approved projects by the end of the week just from that meeting. We’ve now closed out web development through 2022 and are waitlisting new clients until January.

Admittedly, we need to work on stabilizing cash flow by bringing on more retainer clients. Until then, it’s a wild ride!

6 Likes

Believe it or not, through referrals. I network a lot through our local Chamber and am a member of a local BNI group, so I am getting a lot of opportunities to meet with folks and am getting a chance to learn a lot about prospects and their needs and then quote then for services.

6 Likes

This month is going to be very exciting for myself and Wholesome. Here are some things on my to-do list that I would love to help stay accountable with.

1. Creating a steady flow of TikTok videos for the new Wholesome Media TikTok account.

2. Creating new videos and strategy for a clients new TikTok account.

3. Keeping up with Wholesome content strategy.

6 Likes

Love this check-in!
I’m working on launching my very first challenge :slight_smile:
I’m calling it the content creation challenge where I’m walking people through my framework and strategy for consistently creating content and overcoming a lot of the challenges when it comes to creating content for people’s personal brands.
I’ve been working with a friend who is building a funnel for me, so this week we are putting the finishing touches on it and I’ll be starting with some Facebook ads!
I’m also putting the finishing touches on an upgrade to my website, working with another incredible friend.

Lots of moving pieces right now!!

5 Likes

I am the same, @joanna1! I am so awful at pricing my services. I’m trying to learn from a lot of different leaders about how to price it, and I go in all confident and then totally second guess myself! I know I’ve under-priced my services in the past which has me in a bad position, so it’s definitely something I’m working to get better at!

4 Likes

Pricing has been the one area that has really de-railed my business, Autumn. It’s hard to hold out for decent fees but it’s paying off for me now. I’m done with running around being rushed off my feet and being stressed about money all the time. So, I’ve decided to keep saying to myself that I’m phenomenally good at what I do. Not everyone can afford me (now that I’m charging what I’m worth) and that’s ok. It’s nothing personal, it’s business. Also, getting paid up front is game changing, it’s the one area I now don’t compromise on.

5 Likes

I love that, Joanna - congratulations on putting in the work to get there!

Just out of curiosity, how did you arrive at an appropriate fee for your services? That’s where I’m struggling - I don’t know how to compare what I do with others in the industry to make sure that the price I’m charging for what I’m offering is reasonable and fair, compared to the industry as a whole.

3 Likes

Learning Canva all over again. Used it extensively when it first launched. When they upcycled the app, I wasn’t too impressed and went back to Adobe. Now that they’ve introduced some more bells and whistles, I’m teaching myself so I can help others navigate it, too. It’s a win because I haven’t given up! :wink: I’m working on dusting off my portfolio, closing out an estate I’m managing by the end of October, and preparing to acquire and try out some project management software from Aha!

3 Likes

I did a LOT of Googling and talking to other professionals in other marketing groups. The biggest problem with pricing, I found, was trying to do it all on my own. It’s like being in a vacuum! Once I started talking to others it help enormously. But I also had to make a change in mindset: stop chasing prices down, stop worrying that someone is cheaper, be proud to offer a premium service with a premium price tag. If you need some help with pricing motivation and a sanity check, just shout :blush:

5 Likes

I would actually really love that! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For me - my big win if finally using AgoraPulse and then also having one of my largest clients use it to for all of their brands (they have several).
We have learned together and it’s been fun to see how amazed they are as they become more familiar with different functionalities & I get to be amazed right beside them.

Another win: I’m learning more and more about video and what I can do and what I don’t want to do :smiley:

3 Likes

Just message me and we’ll find a time to have a natter over a virtual tea/coffee! :coffee::teapot:

2 Likes

Awesome news @amykpsh how are the projects going?

2 Likes

Would love to see the TikTok account @linaburgjeremy can you share a link?

2 Likes

How’s it going @awilson? When is your challenge?

2 Likes