Job Title: CapCut-Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Mountain View, CA
Founded in 2012, ByteDance’s mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. With a suite of more than a dozen products, including TikTok, Helo, and Resso, as well as platforms specific to the China market, including Toutiao, Douyin, and Xigua, ByteDance has made it easier and more fun for people to connect with, consume, and create content.
CapCut is an all-in-one video editing app that empowers creators to express themselves and transform videos into creative masterpieces. In addition to its basic features, such as video editing, text, stickers, filters, colors and music, CapCut offers free advanced features, including keyframe animation, smooth slow-motion effects, chroma key, Picture-in-Picture (PIP), and stabilization to help you capture and snip moments.
Why Join Us
At ByteDance, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for millions of users across all of our products. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at ByteDance.
With the mission of making content creation easier and more engaging, CapCut was first launched on mobile platforms in April 2020. By offering comprehensive editing functions, it has a variety of transitions, effects, video templates, and an impressive music library. In less than a year, the application was released in Brazil, the United States, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea and other countries. By the end of 2020, CapCut received Google Play Store Awards for the Best For Fun category in Brazil, Indonesia and Germany. To better serve its users’ diverse needs, the online and PC versions of the application were launched in 2022. As of today, CapCut’s global monthly active users have exceeded 100 million, and it has remained at the top of the download list in several app stores around the globe.
Our team in China is seeking a proven and highly motivated digital marketing manager. The ideal candidate will be managing the content production by him/herself, and sometimes with vendors to build social media campaigns on owned media. We are looking for an individual experienced in managing social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram and YouTube in US. Someone comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, ability to be an individual contributor as well as adding strategic insights to the overall marketing strategy, and a goal-getter. In the capacity of digital marketing manager, the candidate will need to define the content strategy for activating content across different social media channels, and support influencer marketing campaigns as needed. The candidate must have working knowledge in account-based digital marketing and video editing.
- Be responsible for the growth of owned social media accounts, manage the content production from planning editorial calendar, shooting, editing, posting and monitoring.
- Keep track of the emerging social trends, and translate that into effective social posts that drive engagement.
- Understand the brand’s tone, ensure brand alignment on different channels.
- Identify and build relationships with target influencers to promote the brand on digital platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience in social media marketing.
- Proven track record in running brand accounts across TikTok, Instagram and YouTube, has a keen eye on what’s trendy on social.
- Experienced in video editing, candidates who can handle both shooting and editing are highly preferred.
- Familiar with influencer marketing, candidates with influencer networks are highly preferred.
- Result-oriented and able to joggle with different time zones, excellent communication and people skills.
- Fluent English required.
ByteDance is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At ByteDance, our mission is to inspire creativity and enrich life. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
ByteDance is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected].