Job Title: Cadillac Social Media Lead
Location: Warren, MI
This is a role on the Cadillac Social Media team. The role is responsible for supporting the Cadillac Manager with day to day activity, coordinating all aspects of social media content and channel planning. This person will ensure tasks are managed, coordinated, and executed with quality, great attention to detail and on-time across all Cadillac social media channels. This person should have a broad understanding of all major marketing communication disciplines with a specialization in content and social media marketing across paid, owned and earned media.
- Brief the social media agency with objectives, ask and expectations
- Coordination and owner of social media content calendar / assets working closely with cross-functional teams, legal, 3rd parties, agencies and creative teams for key inputs
- Work with social agency for timely upload of content through Opal content planning tool ensuring paid and owned content is effectively planned and coordinated across Tiers
- Act as project manager to set up and lead meetings/calls with internal and external partners managing content planning process, risk factors, timelines and key tasks
- Proactively inform Manager of timelines, key deliverables and potential risks/delays
- Lead social media channel management ensuring proper formats and best practices are applied
- Work collaboratively with other team members, partner agencies and GM departments during all phases of content development and governance, driving for successful execution
- Lead crisis management process managing the ‘monitor and response’ procedure across all social channels integrating PR + social agency support
- Coordinate and lead monthly metrics/insights report out meetings with all teams to drive future creative + content strategy
- Partner with media team to understand creative refresh timing, implementation and performance
- Coordinate and lead quarterly meetings with social platform partners to review owned and paid platform best practices (creative/formats/content firsts/test and learn)
- Gatekeeper of all Cadillac social channels ensuring proper brand tone and voice are applied
- Look for effective real-time and sponsorship content opportunities
- Work with Social COE team leveraging GM social tool stack to inform Cadillac’s content strategy
- Keep up with current and future trends of social media channels and content
- Work with Global teams ensuring content sharing & global market alignment
- Look for Cross Tier Alignment & opportunities for content usage on dealer social channels
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of social media experience (social media campaign support or community management)
- Experience with popular social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, other).
- Passionate about creative, brand language, tone of voice
- Possesses excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple deadlines at one time
- Self-starter, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Passionate about quickly-evolving social media environment
- Knowledge of social media best practices
- Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
- General knowledge of digital marketing (SEO/SEM, Digital Display, Email, etc.) preferred
- Works effectively with others
- Proactive approach to all tasks with an initiative to drive results and solve problems
- BA degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Business, or related field a plus.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
- Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.