Blogging For Non-Profits (Desiree Townsend)

Desiree Townsend

If you’re a non-profit organization, getting the word out about your cause can be challenging. You may feel like you’re shouting into the void and that no one is listening. But that’s not necessarily true! There are many ways to promote your organization, and one of the most effective is blogging.

This blog post will discuss how non-profits can use blogging for inbound marketing. We’ll cover topics such as creating compelling content, reaching new audiences, and measuring success. So read on to learn more!

Creating compelling content

One of the most critical aspects of successful blogging is creating compelling content—writing interesting, informative, and relevant posts to your audience.

Keep in mind that your readers are busy people, so you need to ensure that your posts are worth their time. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different formats and topics. You never know what will resonate with your audience until you try it!

Reaching new audiences

Another great benefit of blogging is that it can help you reach new audiences. This is especially true if you make an effort to guest blog on other sites. When you do this, you’ll be able to introduce your organization to new readers who might not have heard of you before. Guest blogging is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers and influencers in your field.

Measuring success

Finally, it’s important to remember that you can’t just set and forget your blog. It would be best if you were constantly measuring its performance and making adjustments as needed. Luckily, many tools can help you with this. Google Analytics is a free tool that allows you to track your blog’s traffic and see which posts perform the best. By measuring your success, you can ensure that your blogging efforts are paying off.

As you can see, blogging can be a great way to promote your non-profit organization. You can make the most of your efforts by creating compelling content, reaching new audiences, and measuring your success.

So what are you waiting for? Start writing today!

Desiree Townsend @Desiree
I help people live a bolder braver story. Inbound marketer specializing in social media.

Tell Us Below:

Does your organization have its own blog?

How often do you post to it?

@Desiree I believe in blogging; I know it works. I WISH the non-profit I work with as a contractor would blog…I guess small steps, right? We do videos and social posts for now. :wink:

1 Like

@dorien For those of us who have been doing this a looooong time, convincing others can for sure be challenging. I am constantly reminding myself that it’s OK to take it all one step at a time. :upside_down_face::wink:

1 Like