- United Kingdom, London, Greater London
If you would love to harness in-depth social media expertise to build meaningful relationships with local audiences for one of the most loved brands and you fluently speak French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish or Dutch plus English, apply now!
Bring your expertise to the table and let us know how you would manage our social media presence!
• Working as part of a cross-functional team with partners within local marketing teams, the Western Europe regional marketing team and the Consumer Services team, to grow and engage local audiences across the social media ecosystem
• Creating content calendar, localising and writing original social media copy and publishing content for local audiences across social channels
• Feeding social content that requires agency translation/localisation into a regional process on behalf of the local markets
• Ensuring all engagement with local audiences across our LEGO channels is conducted in a timely fashion with the appropriate tone of voice, through collaboration with our Consumer Services team
• Surfacing local trends and reactive opportunities in collaboration with the Social Content & Editorial Manager and Social Media Analytics Manager
• Collaborating with Brand and Digital Managers to identify and feed into campaign and real-time content opportunities, enhancing the social experience
• Supporting the Social Media Analytics Manager by feeding insights into content and channel reporting
• Engaging in real-time with key influencers and celebrities that are talking about the LEGO brand across social media channels
• Briefing and optimising organic content boosting when relevant in collaboration with the media agency
• Supporting PR managers and the Social Media Analytics Manager to run local social listening and generate audience-appropriate responses in the event of a social media crisis
• Following the local approach by understanding commercial and audience priorities, using data and insights to challenge the status quo and consistently influencing content, channel and audience development through insights and ideas
Our vision for Western Europe Social Media is to drive relevance and brand love across local audiences while operating regionally to generate scale and impact. The purpose of the role is to grow reach and engagement with local social audiences and provide a strong connection between local marketing teams and the Western Europe Marketing team.
• Extensive experience engaging with consumers through social media and online communities and delivering engaging and brand-safe social media experiences
• Experience working across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Snapchat plus excellent social media copywriting skills
• Proven experience with social listening and social media analytics, including native platforms and third-party tools
• Strong understanding of the importance of influencer marketing
• Strong communication and partner management skills
• Native or bilingual proficiency in French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish or Dutch plus advanced English language needed for the roles
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
• Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
• Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
• Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
• Colleague Discount – We know you’ll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
• Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
• Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful and collaborative team. The roles will play a pivotal role in ensuring the LEGO Group is consistently delivering word-class experiences to local audiences, igniting love for our brand and growing our positive share of voice online.