Job Title: Associate Manager Social Media
Company: Hyatt Hotels Corporation Chicago, IL
Location: Chicago, IL
Hyatt seeks an enthusiastic Associate Manager to join our Global social media team. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with the broader Social, Communications, DE&I, and Brand teams, where you’ll be instrumental in continuing to make Hyatt a leading hospitality company. You will be part of a team that is passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion, committed to nurturing curiosity and new skills and building connections across the organization with stakeholders, colleagues, and guests.
Who We Are**
At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging and creating a culture of care, where our colleagues become family. Since 1957, our colleagues and guests have been at the heart of our business and helped Hyatt become one of the world’s best and fastest-growing hospitality brands. Our transformative growth and the addition of new hotels, brands, and business lines can open the door for exciting career and growth opportunities for our colleagues.
As we continue to grow, we never lose sight of what’s most important: People. We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences, and jobs into careers.
This is an exciting time to be at Hyatt. We are growing rapidly and are looking for passionate changemakers to be a part of our journey. The hospitality industry is resilient and continues to offer dynamic opportunities for upward mobility, and Hyatt is no exception.
How We Care For Our People
Our purpose sets us apart—to care for people so they can be their best. Every business decision is made through the lens of our purpose, and it informs how we have and will continue to support each other as members of the Hyatt family. Our care for our colleagues is the key to our success. We’re proud to have earned a place on Fortune’s prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the last ten years. This recognition is a testament to the tremendous way our Hyatt family continues to come together to care for one another, our commitment to a culture of inclusivity, empathy, and respect, and making sure everyone feels like they belong.
We’re proud to offer exceptional corporate benefits which include:
- Annual allotment of free hotel stays at Hyatt hotels globally
- Flexible work schedule and location
- Work-life benefits including well-being initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription, and a discount at the on-site fitness center
- A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Our success is underpinned by our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and we are committed to diversity across the board—from whom we hire and develop, the organizations we support, and whom we buy from and work with.
Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities, and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together. To learn more about our commitments to DE&I, please visit the Why Hyatt section of the Hyatt career page.
Who You Are
As our ideal candidate, you understand the power and purpose of our Culture of Care and embody our core values of Empathy, Inclusion, Integrity, Experimentation, Respect, and Well-being. You enjoy working with others, are results-driven, and are looking for a variety of opportunities to develop personally and professionally.
The Associate Manager of social media will work closely with fellow World of Hyatt Social Media Managers and the Director of Content Marketing + social media, as well as peers across the Digital, Brand, Communications, and other departments, to ensure the content on Hyatt’s social platforms are a true reflection of the brands and supports social business goals. They will also have the responsibility of ensuring any content being posted on social platforms is relevant to the platform and targeted to the appropriate audience.
The primary job responsibilities are:
- Creating, curating, and publishing social media content for World of Hyatt’s evergreen social media platforms
- Work with teammates on integrated brand campaigns, working cross-functionally with various departments to translate brand campaign objectives into social-first strategies and plans
- Content creator management (incoming inquiries, evaluation, coordination with hotels, database management)
- Instagram/Facebook Stories ideation & creation for World of Hyatt
- Hotel toolkit assistance for multi-brand & multi-department promotions or campaigns
- Secondary support for larger campaigns & initiatives (content creation, campaign management, project management, execution assistance)
- Social brand strategy work assistance as needed
- Collaboration with other teams to coordinate and amplify marketing campaigns
- Light community management as needed, flagging customer service needs to Global Care Center
- Leverage user-generated content into evergreen social media content via partner tools in unique ways
- Lightly assist with paid media management for ongoing monthly social campaigns on select platforms
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a social media management role
- Knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Advertising, Communications, English or technology-related
- Creativity and immersion in social media, with in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms
- Strong familiarity with Sprinklr or similar social media management tools
- Ability to work with a variety of partners and team members across different projects
- Highly self-motivated
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Project management skills are a plus
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Experience with Photoshop or additional photo editing tools for content creation is a plus
- Graphic design experience a plus
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all-encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
We welcome you:
Research shows that women, people of color, and other historically excluded groups, tend to apply to jobs, only if they meet all the listed job qualifications. Unsure if you check every box, but feeling inspired to enhance your career? Apply. We’d love to consider your unique experiences and how you could make Hyatt even better.