As a social media manager...this hurts a bit

Seen in a Facebook group filled with people who should know better! :woman_facepalming:

2022-06-07_18-19-58

Thoughts?

IfYouThinkItsExpensiveToHireAProfessional_x

6 Likes

totally!!! Good call Eddie!

1 Like

Ha ha sooo right Eddie.

1 Like

I remember having these conversations when I first started working in Social Media, particularly when I was working in reputation management.n. So many teens got their parents businesses in trouble from poor posting practice or lack of experience in dealing with people in the online space!

3 Likes

Lol same here! It’s wild how many folks out there don’t realize all of the legalities and nuance that go into social media marketing. “Oh, they’re just playing on the facebook again!” :wink:

4 Likes

Oof!
I hope Mom or Dad had some degree of brand guidelines in place, and are approving the posts before they go up—but something tells me they’re not!

3 Likes

ha ha back then (2011-2014) they would say “the kids understand this stuff” - i would inwardly groan ha ha
Early on definitely the value wasn’t seen . Australian businesses were soooo slow to even catch on. They saw social media as somewhere you shared stuff with friends and few seemed to understood the value. I always felt some were trapped in a 1950s mindset of how business was done.
It was great to be in a position to educate.
Things have sure changed although still a lot of resistance in some areas. As Amazon etc entered the scene here, competition increased and brick and mortar had to start getting visible, or move online to survive!

3 Likes

lol! Wishful thinking @christine You can almost guarantee they don’t :pensive:

1 Like

My first reaction is, “What in God’s green Earth” lol. This is NUTS!

3 Likes