Agorapulse Social Media Barometer August 2022

One of the fun projects I’ve had the pleasure of working with the Agorapulse team on is a social media barometer. This takes de-identified, anonymized, blinded data from Agorapulse’s platform, aggregated, and computes the engagement rate per platform. Engagement rate is defined as number of engagements divided by the audience size on that platform, and it’s a super useful snapshot of what’s really happening out there in social media.

1 Like

Very cool, @cspenn. So, it looks like LinkedIn has the highest median engagement? That is shocking to me.

3 Likes

At the moment, yes!

3 Likes

Maybe based on that search volume?

1 Like

@cspenn does “de-identified, anonymized, blinded data from Agorapulse’s platform” mean ALL the post made through Agorapulse for everyone using Agorapulse?

2 Likes

anyone else wondering what happened on that one day in June???

3 Likes

@deb
Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

3 Likes

That’s correct, though this is about an 11% randomized sample. The Agorapulse system is GIGANTIC.

2 Likes

Just curious—where’s Twitter?

2 Likes

So low across the board. The brands we work average around an 12% engagement rate across all platforms. So go as high as averaging 40% on certain platforms, namely Facebook. But as always, the larger accounts often see lower engagement rates where smaller, locally focused brands see a MUCH higher engagement rate. Makes sense though.

2 Likes

Buried in the near zero line.

1 Like