#AgencyTips: Getting new clients + marketing your agency

What’s working right now to get new clients and market your agency? Share your tip below :arrow_down:

6 Likes

I’ve gotten most of my clients from speaking at conferences and workshops.

10 Likes

I am not an agency but I have used agencies and consultants after following them on twitter and/or subscribing to their newsletter and seeing the type of work and information they share, the work doesn’t even have to be their original. When they are a good source for information I have also found them to be excellent partners.

5 Likes

In our agency we organise free ‘breakfast sessions’ where we explore different topics concerning CSR and sustainability practices in companies. For us, this is where most of our clients come from.

7 Likes

Our clients are often a direct result of our agency’s reputation in the aviation industry, networking that we do at tradeshows, or our consistent blog and social media material. We’re big believers in relationships and always bringing value to the table.

6 Likes

LinkedIn has been a great resource!

6 Likes

The King Kong agency model of offering free practical actionable marketing tips to prospective clients that they can implement for actual change through e-book reports or detailed tips. This will take the place of an interview between you and the client. Proving that you can do what you are promising or proposing.

5 Likes

Sharing helpful resources tips and info has helped me market my business. The more you give. the more you get. Just being there for others to help share knowledge will help you stand out in the croud. Then think of different ways you can share those tips over and over - blogs on your website, podcasting, youtube videos, social media posts…It won’t hurt your business…it will help you become seen as an expert in your field.

6 Likes

A tip that is currently working for us is focusing on one specific platform and getting the message right. It is also helpful to focus on increasing followers on a specific platform to ensure we will provide the value that our audience is looking for.

5 Likes

I can share this story as an illustration. I attended a local chamber of commerce meeting where I gave my 30 second commercial to the group. After the presentation I met with someone who became a client of mine. We met, got to know each other, and exchanged business cards. Using Evernote, I committed to following up with him consistently until he was ready to sign on as a client.

Lesson: attend events, network, and be consistent with follow up and engagement.

4 Likes
  1. Creating content that attracts clients, consistently
    For me that includes a liveshow with guest experts, a podcast and a LinkedIn Newsletter.

2. Live event networking (conferences)

3. Mastermind group

4. Local events - socializing. Make new friends, find new businesses to help

5. LinkedIn - posting, engaging, commenting. Then setting up Zoom calls with new connections.

8 Likes

I utilize my network of followers to observe and engage with them to determine social media trends.

5 Likes

3 things have been working for me so far:

1. Networking with ex-colleagues
  2. Always be ready with my elevator pitch wherever I am
  3. Word of mouth from existing clients - Always give more than the scope and delight them :slight_smile:
5 Likes

Honestly, the best advice I have is always to give good customer service. Good word of mouth is priceless!

4 Likes

Great tips…thanks everyone! Keep them coming!

3 Likes

We walked door to door and eventually led to cold calling, found a niche and continued hiring an outbound sales team! Now we have a mix of about Renewals, Referrals, Mostly Outbound Sales, and about 10% Inbound from Ads and SEO

2 Likes

We are not an agency but we do social media marketing for businesses and professionals. What’s been working for us is content about the human side of our business. Not only do we show our life behind our workstations, but it also sends a message of being genuine and true to core values - to our clients, prospects, and even job applicants. This results in our clients becoming more confident in our business relationship, prospects developing trust in our people and convert, and job applications pouring in. What’s more, we get to increase employee engagement on our socials and are on our way to building a community of powerful brand ambassadors.

3 Likes

85% of my business comes from client referrals or clients expanding services
15% is now coming from speaking and promoting my book

3 Likes

Having a niche in “boring” businesses. Most of our clients are by referral and we stand out by marketing “boring” businesses with a strong and interesting presence.

3 Likes

BNI meeting

3 Likes