2022 Wrap-up What lesson did you learn as a social media manager?

2022 was filled with lots of learnings for all of us…what was the biggest lesson you learned as a social media manager this year?

1 Like

I think this was always there but definitely hammering it home this year. There will be haters, no matter how good the product is, no matter how hard you try to please. And that’s okay.

1 Like

This may not be directly tied to social media, but backups, backups, BACKUPS! I see far too many times people saying they lost this or they can’t find that. I have four backups of everything! I have our server, NAS System, External Hard Drive & BackBlaze Cloud Storage. All are accessible from basically anywhere with an Internet connection & logins.

Another one that gets me is brands/people that do not have a crisis management S.O.P. in place. Look, it can really hit the fan at any point, without having some form of crisis management S.O.P. in place, your brand or your client’s business can take a major hit if you’re not responding in a timely manner over something going horribly wrong.

1 Like